CONTRACT FOR PET CARE SERVICES
This agreement for Pet Care Services (“Agreement”) is made by and between Milwaukee Pet Services, LLC (“Company”) and ________________ (“Client”) as of the __________ day of __________, 201_.
Client wishes to engage Company to undertake Pet Care Services (defined below) related to Client’s pet(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Pet”) identified in the Information Sheet Client provided to Company.
This Agreement constitutes a binding contract for Pet Care Services. By signing this Agreement, Client agrees to pay Company for the services provided by Company. Client further agrees that the following terms and conditions shall also apply to Client’s engagement of Company:
1. Pet Care Services. Company offers the following Pet Care Services. The Company will provide to Client those Pet Care Services that are circled below. Please circle all applicable Pet Care Services Company will provide to Client, hereinafter “Services”:
￼Dog Walks _______ minutes Puppy potty break Hourly Pet Sitting
Vacation Visit Slumber Party Pet Taxi Nail trims
2. Cost of Services. The baseline fee is($13-$150)
Other fees for additional Services may apply. Any Services performed shall be paid by Client pursuant to Company’s rate posted on its website at the time said additional Services are performed.
3. Additional Services. Client hereby acknowledges and agrees that Client can authorize by telephone the Company’s performance of additional Pet Care Services other than those circled in paragraph One above, and that Company is authorized to perform such additional Pet Care Services without additional written authorization or signed contracts, and that this Agreement shall be considered amended by such telephone authorization and the terms of this Agreement shall apply to such additional Pet Care Services performed.
4. Payment. Payment is due upon completion of Services. Client may enroll in auto payment with a credit or debit card. If enrolled in auto payment, payments will be processed on Monday for Services which had been performed during the prior week.
5. Miscellaneous Fees. Client agrees to pay Company the following additional miscellaneous fees, as applicable:
(A) $25 for late payments. Payments are late if balance is not paid in full after three (3) days following the date of service. Additional $25 will be added every 30 days if balance remains unpaid.
(B) $25 per check returned for insufficient funds.
￼￼￼(C) $8 per Service for any Services performed on any of the following days Company recognizes as holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, the Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day.
(D) $15 urgent scheduling fee for any daily Services scheduled less than 36 hours in advance.
6. Cancellation. Client may cancel scheduled Services as follows:
(A) Daily visits must be cancelled by 10 a.m. the day prior to scheduled Services. Daily visits cancelled after 10 a.m. the day prior to scheduled Services will be charged the full price of the Service scheduled.
(B) Vacation visits must be cancelled at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the commencement of the Service. Vacation visits cancelled less than 72 hours prior to the scheduled Services will be charged 50% of scheduled fee.
It is in Company’s sole discretion to waive any applicable cancellation fees.
7. Additional Costs. Should Company incur any additional costs related to providing Pet Care Services to Client’s Pet, such as, purchasing pet food, litter, or cleaning supplies, Client shall reimburse Company for such costs upon Company furnishing Client with proof of expense.
8. Emergency Care. Client hereby authorizes Company to seek any emergency or urgent veterinarian assistance needed (“Emergency Care”). In case Emergency Care is necessary, Company will attempt to contact Client, but Client hereby authorizes Company to seek assistance from any veterinarian as chosen by Company, should Client’s own veterinarian be unavailable. Any and all costs incurred for said Emergency Care are the sole responsibility of Client and Client agrees to reimburse Company for any such costs.
9. Keys. Company will take all steps necessary to safeguard and keep confidential all keys, remote controls, access codes and personal information of Client. Company will immediately return any keys or remote controls to Client upon termination of this Agreement or on demand of Client. Client hereby authorizes Company to duplicate a key for emergency backup purposes only for performing Services under this Agreement. Additionally, should Company need to use the services of a locksmith to perform Services under this Agreement, Client hereby authorizes Company to use the services of a locksmith to gain entry into Client’s home. Client shall reimburse Company for the cost of said locksmith and hold Company harmless for any consequences related to the activities of the locksmith.
10. Weather. In the event of inclement weather, Company is entrusted to use best judgment in providing Services for Client’s Pet. Client will hold Company harmless for any consequences related to such decision.
11. Termination. Company reserves the right to deny Service or terminate Service for any reason, including but not limited to, safety concerns, unsanitary conditions, and non- payment of services, and will do so in a way so as not to endanger the safety and well- being of Client’s Pet.
Client may terminate this Agreement for any reason upon submitting a written notice of termination to Company. If Client terminates this Agreement, any applicable Cancellation
￼￼￼￼￼fees referenced in paragraph 6 above may still be due should such termination result in a cancellation of scheduled Services as set forth in paragraph 6 above. If this Agreement is terminated for any reason, Client is still obligated to pay any outstanding payments at the time of said termination.
12. Client Responsibilities. Client agrees and acknowledges that he/she has the sole responsibility to perform the following acts:
(A) Provide Company with accurate and truthful information in the Information Sheet. (B) Pet-proof any areas of Client’s home and/or property to which Pet has access. This includes inspecting fences, gates, latches, doors, and other devices meant to contain Pet or restrict access to specific areas.
(C) Ensure Pet is properly vaccinated pursuant to any applicable laws or ordinances.
(D) Supply Company with the necessary and safe equipment/supplies needed to care for Pet. This includes, but is not limited to, a sturdy, well-fitted harness (halter, collar, etc.), an anti-pull harness or collar for dogs that pull when walked, firmly attached ID tags, a lead rope or leash (no retractable leashes), bags for waste removal, litter boxes, pet food, cleaning supplies, medications (prescription or over-the-counter), supplements, cat litter, litter scoops, etc. Should client fail to provide any of the necessary equipment and/or supplies referenced herein, Client hereby authorizes Company to acquire said equipment and/or supplies and Client agrees to reimburse Company for the cost of said equipment and/or supplies.
13. Insurance. Company carries liability insurance related to the Services performed for Client. A copy of the insurance policy is available to Client upon request.
14. Release. Client is aware of certain inherent risks which are involved with Company providing Services under this Agreement. In consideration of Company performing Services under this Agreement, Client hereby acknowledges and voluntarily accepts full responsibility for the risks, and agrees as follows:
(A) Client will assume full and total liability, and accept full financial responsibility, for any and all damages, including, but not limited to, injury or damage to a person, property, or other pet that is caused in total or in part by the direct or indirect activities of Client’s Pet, Client, and/or other persons who either interact with Client’s Pet or have access to Client’s property, whether expected or unexpected, regardless of the stimulus for the behavior.
(B) Client will assume full and total responsibility for any harm, injury, damage, loss or expense that may occur to Client’s Pet or that Client may incur as a result of Company’s performance of Services under this Agreement.
(C) Client will waive and release any and all claims (other than claims based on reckless or intentional conduct) that Client may have against Company, Company’s owner, employees, or authorized agents, and agrees not to sue Company, Company’s owner, employees, or authorized agents for any losses, damages, expenses, or fees which arise out of, result from, or relate in any manner to, Company performing Services for Client under this Agreement.
(D) By signing this Agreement, Client acknowledges and agrees that Client was given an opportunity to ask any questions about this release, to discuss alternatives with Company, and was given adequate consideration for this release. Client understands and agrees that this release shall be binding on each party and their respective heirs, legal representatives, successors, and assigns, and shall inure to the benefits of the Company.
15. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements, whether written or oral, on this subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended without both parties’ written consent and agreement.
16. Governing Law. The laws of the state of Wisconsin shall govern this Agreement, and all disputes arising therefrom.
17. Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any term of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Agreement.
18. Waiver. The failure of either party to insist upon performance of any term of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of any right granted hereunder or of the future performance of such term.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have caused this Agreement to be executed as of the date first above-written.
￼￼￼￼CLIENT: __________________________ NAME
MILWAUKEE PET SERVICES, LLC ____________________________________ Jessica Gutmann, Owner